Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Some retarded myths that need clearing up

  1. #1

    Default Some retarded myths that need clearing up

    1st:
    Most ppl think that term "UBERS" just apply to the bosses and thats false.

    Let me clear this up by stating this
    Ubers are any monster u find from either the KEYS or ORGANS or BOTH!
    ________________________________________________

    2nd:
    Most ppl think that "Ubers" can only be cleared by a hammerdin and or smiter and thats not true

    Let me clear that up by stating the following
    Any char "IF BUILT PROPERLY" and WITH THE RIGHT GEAR can solo ubers

    The only reason it seems like hammerdins and or smiters are the only 2 char types that can do ubers is because or this one reason:
    THATS ALL ANYONE EVER BUILDS

    On top of that, ppl try to say that well if the reason no one builds them is cuz they dot work...I'm afraid thats a misquote---Its not that they dont work---its as I said above---THATS ALL ANYONE EVER BUILDS---and they always copy another build---in fact 97% od ppl on BNET simply copy a build cuz it works and they really don't have an clue about what skills work with what skills or what makes a skill more powerfull

    If u disagree with anything here then u need to learn how to char build cuz u have no clue to what ur talking about and or doing.

    Oh yeah for the record:
    I have friends of mine that HAVE CLEARED UBERS WITH EVERY CHAR TYPE...so I dont care what u have read or what u think u know or who u are listening too...UBERS AN BE DONE WITH EVERY CHAR TYPE....PERIOD
    ________________________________________________

    Another myth:
    A harlequin Crest: IS NOT A SHAKO

    I have both a harlequin crest and a shako...I can put both of them into the trade screen at the same exact time....so u cna see one is title SHAKO and another iss titled harlequin crest shako

    SO yes they both are created from the BASE item---but they are still way different from each other---I dont care who wants it to an h-crest is a shako---If u make a game that says bring SHAKO---then Im not going to bring my h-crest---cuz ur not asking for an h-crest---ur asking for a SHAKO...

    And for those of u that still want to argue that a shako is an H-CREST letr me say this to u

    1st of all someone somehow got everyone on bnet calling 2 completely different items with 2 somepletly different stats the same exact item.

    2nd of all...if a shako and H-crest are the samething, then why are there 2 completly different items

    3rd off...u saying a shako and h-crest are the sae exact thing is like me saying this:
    A chipped gem is the same exact thing as a perfect gem or that rejuvination potion is the exact samething as a full rejuvintaion potion or better yet---any unique un identified ring is an SOJ
    ________________________________________________
    PPl need to understand that all MF does is increase the frequency of magic items: it will not better you're chances to get anything..and b4 ppl decide to go off talking about whjat they dont know:
    My char has almost no MF on it at all and I have gotten a perfect maras---an SOJ----and quite a few other items----anyone can get these items regardless or ur MF%
    haveing 500% will not get u any closer to getting anything decent than having none or very little (Such is the case with me)
    The way ppl make it sound is that the game has a list of items that it cycles through and the higher ur mf% the faster it cycles through the list...and thats crap...items are going to fall when they fall....Only reason MF% is there to begin with is to get more of them...not the type and quality

    There is no limit to the amount of MF a char can have (Within the item amount allotment)....ppl think that 250% seems to be the best amount and the fact is thats crap---they swear they did tests in-game with more and less comparing the 2---but the fact is u cannot do a test---the reason why is there are too many variables to factor in to warrent that type of a test--here are just a few:
    private game---the way the game is created (Meaning map--chest--shrine...etc
    set up)--the creatures in the game--where u start killing--items on you're char (Did u switch weapons charms and or aruas--did u kill with a weapon or skill)--those are just to name a few that impact the items that drop and thats why you CANNOT do an acurate MF% in-game test
    ________________________________________________
    One last thing
    Im sick and tired of seeing PPL asking whats the best MF char like anyone char get better items than another

    The answer to that is this:
    The only char that has anything built into MF wise is te barbarian and thats a skill known as FIND---otherwise THERE IS NO BEST MF CHAR---MF IS BUILT into the items----a sorc with 250% MF gets the same amount of items as a pallidan with 250% MF

  2. #2

    Default

    Um while your here ranting and raving there are a lot of things that you have wrong in this myths that you have Hammerdins CAN NOT kill ubers only dc clone first off all ubers have full magical resistance, Blessed hammer is a magical spell, Second ubers can not be cleared with every type of chars not even with the best build can you solo ubers, Third people call harlequin crest shako cause it is easy and it is hard to spell harlequin crest cause a lot of people who play D2 are kids thats why they call them shakos, Fourth MF does help a lot, Low or even no MF can get you items but it takes longer time MF increases your chance of a unique item or rare item dropping. Its like taking ping pong balls and putting them in a bingo roller the more you have in there the more of a chance you can get a rare or unique item, and last but not least yes barbs with find item skill can find items a lot easier but its hard to kill when you have a ton of mf gear on your barb and thats what mf is killing while wearing your best gear to get better drops ok so im sorry to cloud your ideas but some of them are incorrect

  3. #3
    AlmostDeadly A.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    I could spend 20 minutes picking apart your post, but most everyone on these forums will read that and instantly recognize the gaping flaws in your.. mythbusting..

  4. #4
    This is the end.......... Tap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    dude, i stopped reading after you started critisizing smiters. Listen killing the "ubers" might be possible with just about any char but why would you want to waste the time when you could just kill them in 2 mins with a smiter?
    You said so much without ever parting your lips.


  5. #5
    Senior Member Seekndestroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    365

    Default

    This was a waste of my time, yes some of this you said is true, but most of this is just little personal, pet peeve kind of stuff. This post was more of a personal problem then anything to do with Diablo 2 myths... Also mf does help get you better items but finding good items is really just luck...

  6. #6

    Default

    perhapes all of you who responded have a hige comprehension problem. Such as the case with the idiot who said why waste you're time when you can kill ubers in 2 min with a smiter---obviously that person doesnt get the concept that any char can do ubers with ease if built properly

    Second off hammerdins hammer damage ignores special resistances so you're totally 100% dead wrong on that---BTW I have cleared ubers in about 2 min 20 seconds with a hammerdin so STFU and dont open you're mouth unless you know what you're talking about TY

    3rd off I never said MF% DIDN'T HELP---I mearly pointed out that you dont need huge amounts of MF to get good items

    as for the clown about the SHAKO----you obviously must njot of read what I put about that----what I put is 100% true----I never mentioned anything about it being eisier or harder to say----I simply pointed out that a SHAKO is not a harlequin crest itself---

    now that I have picked apart everything all of you have said is false...where are all the flws in what I said---you ppl do an awefull lot of talking about saying this is this and this is that and ppl are wrong----but only one of you provided any real explination as to why they thought what they did--and even that turned out to be wrong

    when are you ppl going to learn that if you really read what I wrote instead of just answering it the way you feel like it---you will see just how right I am

  7. #7

    Default

    soo...The only reason you basically posted this on the forum was to bitch about people saying what they think is what. Let them think what they want and just leave them alone because no one really cares about what you say.

  8. #8

    Default

    Wow, i have tried like 10 times to kill Ubers with my hammerdin and he has all teh gcs and all stuff like perfect and i still cant Kill mephisto i can only kill baal and diablo
    TigerOIP @ D2JSP

    donations are always welcomed :D

  9. #9
    The Forum Troll FraterPerdurabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,680

    Default

    Holy shit, tx3000, you are properly demented. Just for your information, not every build can solo ubers. For example, Skelemancer. Even with hardcore stacked auras, a pure summoner would never do enough damage to kill the ubers, they just regenerate health too fast. A wind druid would never be able to do it. Maximum damage with a wind druid is about 7.6k per Tornado, and that is not enough to take the ubers out. The idea behind a Wind druid is that you either tele around spamming randomly, or if you know that your enemy is weaker, you tele in kamikaze style and obliterate him. Neither one of these work versus ubermeph.

    Quote Originally Posted by tx3000
    I simply pointed out that a SHAKO is not a harlequin crest itself---
    O RLY?

    Anyway, you are a complete idiot. I don't see a reason for picking apart the rest of your post and completely tear it up, because everyone on this site has already established you as a moron. Congratulations.

    edit: Add pure Novamancer to the list. He cannot solo ubers either. Screw me, the list just keeps building up.
    gtfo outof here and go beastualiy ur omm u ****ing retarted wanna c sum ****ing l33t shit here we go@@@_@@@@_@__ **** YA letsger rdy ro rumble bitch.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx3000
    1st:
    PPl need to understand that all MF does is increase the frequency of magic items: it will not better you're chances to get anything.
    Here's a couple of retarded/contradictory quotations. You say that MF increases the frequency of magic items. That's true and that's also already proof enough that MF helps you find better items.


    haveing 500% will not get u any closer to getting anything decent than having none or very little (Such is the case with me)
    You go on to bash that people can't do in game tests because of variables blah blah blah. So your experiences in finding good items with little or no MF must be unique to you, since you say that no tests can be done.

    Only reason MF% is there to begin with is to get more of them...not the type and quality
    Wrong. MF increases the number of magical/multi-modded items that appear (you even said that earlier). Thus, more MF increases the appearance of blue and unique items.

  11. #11
    **** the system. RaZzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    885

    Default

    AW MAN!

    You suck dude. The UBERS are NOT monster you find keys or organs, the UBERS are UBER DIABLO UBER MEPH AND UBER BAAL! Lilith is NOT UBER ANDY (although she looks like it)

    And:

    HAMMERDINS CAN'T SOLO UBERS

    Awww man

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx3000
    perhapes all of you who responded have a hige comprehension problem. Such as the case with the idiot who said why waste you're time when you can kill ubers in 2 min with a smiter---obviously that person doesnt get the concept that any char can do ubers with ease if built properly
    Ok you say, if built properly, any char can solo ubers? Please, share with us, what are some of these builds? I mean, it's easy to say that any char can beat them, but, where isyour proof? I want a list of items, and skill tree layout, for every char, so that they can SOLO ubers, without help. I'm curious to see what this response will be...prolly just something along the lines of how I am stupid or w/e, but if you cant show proof, I stand on my decision that you are just a ranting noob full of info of which you convinced yourself to be true.

    And, if i said I am trading a Shako, would you or would you not know what I am talking about? As long as everyone calls it the same thing, who gives a flying f*ck what they call it? If everyone called it cadawalalabingbong, you would still now what they are talking about, correct? Instead of making everyone else change, it is easier for you to shutup and go with it. :)

    As far as a best mf char, Hammerdins are the best, actually, because yes, two chars with the same mf will get the same drops, but that is all assuming both chars can kill the monsters. For example, pindle is sometimes cold immune or lite immune or w/e. A sorc is not always guaranteed to be able to kill him, but the hammerdin is always able to do so. Not only that, hammerdins are more effective killers all around, even with their "mf gear" on. I've seen mf hammys tank duel games simply bcuz the dueler was experienced, but mf sorcs can't kill a single thing in a duel. Thank you for your not-so-lovely insight, but you are completely wrong. Granted, a "best mf char" is a matter of opinion, but if the same opinion is shared by the common mass, then the opinion is commonly considered to be fact. Go ahead...say something else...that way I can tear you up again.

  13. #13
    Novice Kingsrookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mt.Pleasant sc
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Second off hammerdins hammer damage ignores special resistances so you're totally 100% dead wrong on that---BTW I have cleared ubers in about 2 min 20 seconds with a hammerdin so STFU and dont open you're mouth unless you know what you're talking about TY
    I have to say my little part

    LOL Hammers ignores special resists? No it doesnt, most monsters in the game have no MAGIC RESIST which hamerdin are purely made of. The ubers have MAGIC RESIST though so they are not affected by this as much. Do your research and by the way a h crest is the same thing as a shako. If you rant and rave make sure you get it right.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx3000
    1st:
    Let me clear this up by stating this
    Ubers are any monster u find from either the KEYS or ORGANS or BOTH!
    ________________________________________________
    Only reason MF% is there to begin with is to get more of them...not the type and quality

    There is no limit to the amount of MF a char can have (Within the item amount allotment)....ppl think that 250% seems to be the best amount and the fact is thats crap---they swear they did tests in-game with more and less comparing the 2---but the fact is u cannot do a test---the reason why is there are too many variables to factor in to warrent that type of a test--here are just a few:
    private game---the way the game is created (Meaning map--chest--shrine...etc
    set up)--the creatures in the game--where u start killing--items on you're char (Did u switch weapons charms and or aruas--did u kill with a weapon or skill)--those are just to name a few that impact the items that drop and thats why you CANNOT do an acurate MF% in-game test
    ________________________________________________

    The answer to that is this:
    The only char that has anything built into MF wise is te barbarian and thats a skill known as FIND---otherwise THERE IS NO BEST MF CHAR---MF IS BUILT into the items----a sorc with 250% MF gets the same amount of items as a pallidan with 250% MF
    I wasn't going to say anything cause it seems like enough people beat me to it, but you need to do some research before you post things.

    What is your Hammerdin build???

    For your first quote:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/super.shtml

    you can clearly see blizzard calls these monsters (click on act 1 to see countess - who drops a key) SUPER UNIQES not SUPER UBERS.

    For your second quote:
    read my guide - http://www.blizzsector.net/diablo-ii...hs-truths.html. I spent days reading everything I could find on the topic, I didn't post off the top of my head. Number of drops is determined by the monster and sometimes players in the game. MF only affects the quality of the drops - exact opposite of what you say. Who creates the games and whether your skill or weapon made the kill DO NOT AFFECT YOUR DROPS. YOU absolutely can do in game tests. YOu just need to not change your weapons/charms/equipment, Always kill the same thing or clear the same area, and take all MF off your Merc so it doesn't matter if he makes the kill. (if he has MF and makes the kill your MFs are added). The only downside to in games tests is it has to be n=1000+ to differentiate MF effect from statistical variance. This is where the 'I tested in-game and 250% is the best' misnomers come from. That and the difference in killing speed since the two (MF and Speed) tend to be inversely proportional.

    For your third quote:
    Since you have no idea of the importance of MF, you didn't understand the question. There are several things that make certain characters better for Magic finding. Some characters like sorceresses can wear much more MF equipment (500+% easy) and still kill things, where a Barb with 500% MF will get his ass kicked quite a bit. Secondly the commonly run MF areas/bosses have common immunities.....etc

    I forgot to quote, but the part about the hammers ignoring resistances. This is only true for demons and undead NOT animals. For instance if you do the Tome quest in act 3, at least a quarter of the time you will run into magic immune gargantuans which hammerdins cannot kill.
    Last edited by mikea454; 05-25-2006 at 08:14 PM.

  15. #15

    Default

    WOW this is a complete pointless thread that shoudld get closed since teh information provided is completely USELESS
    TigerOIP @ D2JSP

    donations are always welcomed :D

  16. #16

    Default

    Lol my hammerdin does 18k damage and i have got my butt kicked by the ubers in tristram so your telling me a hammerdin can solo ubers i would love to see that happen

  17. #17
    This is the end.......... Tap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx3000
    Such as the case with the idiot who said why waste you're time when you can kill ubers in 2 min with a smiter---obviously that person doesnt get the concept that any char can do ubers with ease if built properly
    dont even acknowledge me until your post count out numbers your iq
    You said so much without ever parting your lips.


  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tap
    dont even acknowledge me until your post count out numbers your iq
    might actually be past it already...

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx3000
    1st:

    2nd:
    Most ppl think that "Ubers" can only be cleared by a hammerdin and or smiter and thats not true

    Let me clear that up by stating the following
    Any char "IF BUILT PROPERLY" and WITH THE RIGHT GEAR can solo ubers
    OK, I think I lot of people missed your point here. Any "char" if built properly and with the right combination of gear can "solo ubers".

    First, as asked by someone previously, please list the skill tree and gear for specific a specific "char" other than a palidan that can clear the "ubers" and if possible Uber Tristam. I would love to see an Assassin do it (I really enjoy the character). Share your wealth of knowledge and let some of us benefit from it.

    Second, please don't come to this, or any, forum and take the attitude you did that we are all a bunch of idiots that never try to learn new things or work on new builds. It is very offensive.

  20. #20

    Default

    like this is what i have about newbs, they post something thats meaningless and then they complain
    TigerOIP @ D2JSP

    donations are always welcomed :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •